Fish, flax, and borage seed oil combination:
- Helps support the development of the brain, eyes and nerves in children and adolescents
- Helps support cardiovascular and cognitive health
- Provides 3445 total mg of EFA per daily dose, including:
- omega-3: 1648 mg of EPA, DHA and ALA
- omega-6: 1137 mg of LA and GLA
Multi EFA Capsules contain a unique blend of fish, flax, and borage seed oils. Fish oils provide omega-3 fatty acids that help to support brain, eye, and cardiovascular health. DHA is the most abundant omega-3 fatty acid in the brain, and is essential for the proper development of the brain, retina, and visual acuity in young children.1,2 Supplementation with fish oils has also been associated with the maintenance of neuron function in the hippocampus, a region of the brain associated with memory, which indicates that DHA and EPA may improve cognition.1
Flax and borage seed oils provide essential fatty acids (EFA), including ALA, LA, and GLA that further maintain optimal health. Deficiencies in EFA, especially LA and GLA, are associated with impaired epithelial cell function, including the loss of moisture in the skin and eyes.3,4
This is because the structure and function of skin depends on fatty acid composition, with LA accounting for approximately 12% of the total fatty acid content.3
EFA supplementation helps maintain good skin health by maintaining epidermal barrier integrity and protecting against the loss of electrolytes and water.3
1. Cederholm, T, Salem, NJ, Palmblad, J. Adv Nutr. 2013; 4(6): 672-676.
2. Kidd, PM. Alternative Medicine Review. 2007; 12(3): 207-227.
3. Nicolaou, A. Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids. 2013; 88: 131-138.
4. Aragona, P, Bucolo, C, Spinella, R, Giuffrida, S, Ferreri, G. IOVS. 2005; 46(12): 4474-4479.